Submitted by admin on Wed, 12/12/2012 - 11:52
UPDATE: The deadline for submission has been extended to January 15th, 2013. Apply for this position by contacting us at email@example.com.
The National Association of the Deaf (NAD) seeks a Director of Communications to work at its Silver Spring office and oversee the organization's communications as well as engage in marketing efforts. The Director will ensure that all communications are timely, compelling, effective, and representative of the organization's mission, vision, and values.
The Director leads the development and implementation of the NAD communications and brand strategies in order to strengthen the organization's engagement with its members, stakeholders, and the general public.
The Director is responsible for creating and coordinating written content, videos, graphic design & layout, look & feel, and brand management across all NAD communication channels including print (including the NADmag), eNewsletters, web, social media (Twitter, Facebook, Google+), and all public/media relations.
- Develop and implement an integrated communications and brand strategy to engage current and future members;
- Create compelling, persuasive, relevant, and accurate communications content that will increase engagement with the organization's members and build community support for the NAD;
- Develop and execute a comprehensive and effective communications strategy in collaboration with the NAD CEO;
- Cultivate and maintain local, state, and national media contacts for disseminating press releases and leveraging public relations opportunities;
- Engage in direct communications with state associations and affiliates of the NAD, and coordinate political, legislative, and media efforts within local, regional, and national areas.
- Create awareness campaigns that utilize innovative social media tools to engage members of the community most effectively;
- Oversee the creative and editorial direction, development, production and execution of all public communications (website, NADmag, eNewsletters, social media, exhibit booths, marketing and advertising);
- Script, choreograph, produce, edit, caption, and disseminate videos and vlogs on a regular basis to maximize communications to NAD members and stakeholders, including ASL videos of content on the NAD website;
- Provide strategic oversight and support for membership and development materials, conferences and campaigns, and fundraising events and activities; and
- Promote media communications on